Choosing Warehouse Steps to Suit Your Access Needs
Here at Access Equipment Direct2U, our Warehouse Step range is the most comprehensive in the UK, with many unique features. We know how important it is to have confidence in the quality of access equipment you purchase. This is something we take pride in assuring with all our products. We are sure you will find the most suitable Warehouse Steps for your workplace in our broad selection. Here to assist any queries you may have, are our Live Chat or Phone Call service. Please note that the majority of our Warehouse Steps are available on a 5 working days delivery.
So, you know you need Warehouse Steps but you don't know where to begin. Fortunately, our step by step guide *pardon the pun* on key features to think about should make this whole process a lot easier. Please continue reading to find out these essential things to consider when purchasing Warehouse Steps.
Key differential features to consider in Warehouse Steps:
1) Handle-operated mechanisms - there are a selection of our fine quality warehouse steps that offer lift handles to guarantee easy manoeuvring with knuckle guard hand grips. The range also provides warehouse steps that feature Unique Grip Lift Mechanisms which facilitate movement on retractable castors.
2) Tilt and Pull / Tilt and Push / Lift and Push - each set of these step types feature castors that enable transportation by simply tilting and pulling, tilting and pushing or lifting and pushing, based on your preference. The simplistic but highly effective feature ensures good mobility and enhances a user's overall experience with the warehouse steps.
3) Spring Loaded Castors - these are found at the bottom of our Warehouse Steps (that have this feature), and allow the steps to be pushed on all four legs. The castors retract when weight is applied to the steps, providing firm contact with the floor. Castor dome covers are also available on some of these Warehouse Steps.
4) Stationary Platform Steps - this term relates to warehouse steps that don't feature wheeled devices when moving. Such warehouse steps are of a smaller size, provide a strong and durable platform and are easy to carry.
5) Open Rear Accessible Steps - rear accessible steps are ideal for use in loading bays, providing the user with the option of walking from their platform on to a lorry (for instance) without the obstruction of a safety guard.
6) Platform Guards - in contrast to the Open Rear Access feature, these warehouse steps provide a platform guard rail at the rear to ensure the safety of the user when working at height.
1) The number of treads will depend on the height you require the platform to be. When selecting your warehouse steps, you'll find a list of optional heights for your item which will determine the amount of treads there are on your selection. Have a browse and you'll find we have a great range of tread heights to meet your access needs. Please note that the number of treads will include the platform step as well. So a 6 tread will be 5 climbing treads and then a platform tread to make 6 in total.
2) The type of tread is also an option available with certain warehouse steps. We offer Warehouse Steps with Mesh, or Rubber platforms which you can find on the product's page when applicable. The environment in which you use the steps will determine what style of tread type is necessary. For instance; the non-slip qualities that the Rubber tread type have (including Ribbed Rubber and Injection Moulded) are preferable in an environment where there are naturally more risks of users slipping.
3) The extensive Warehouse Steps we offer have unique options on particular products. The product will usually list choices such as colours of the item available and the finishes the product can have. Finishes such as Powder Coated or Galvanised will depend on the environment you require the steps for. Galvanised finishes protect materials such as steel or iron steps from rust. Whereas PowderCoated finishes give a thicker coating than the regular painted finish. Something to think about!
In 2013. part 7 of the EN-131 Standard was implemented and we're noticing that Warehouse Steps that comply and are cetified to EN-131 and EN-14183 Standards are becoming increasingly popular for users to check before they purchase. Although Warehouse Steps are not legally required to comply with these Standards, you'll be pleased to know that the majority of our Warehouse Steps already do meet these requirements.
When browsing our Warehouse Steps website, you''ll notice a few things that will help you find EN-131 and EN-14183 products. On the search criteria (left hand side of web page), you can select EN-131 and EN-14183 Warehouse Steps as a classification. As well as this, our product descriptions state what standards the Warehouse Steps comply or are certified to. Some of our Warehouse Step's product images will also have the EN-131 symbol on to further help you gather what products are certified.
Still unsure about what Warehouse Steps are compliant? Please speak to our Live Chat Service who will be happy to assist you on this.
As part of the Direct2U network Access Equipment Direct2U is able to offer a wide range of high quality warehouse steps at competitive prices. All steps are manufactured from heavy duty steel and are delivered fully welded and ready for use. With the warehouse step being manufactured here in the UK you can be assured that you will receive steps of high quality and conformance to all relevant legislation. If you have any queries on any of our products or need any advice, please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly sales team; they are just a phone call (01922 715 130) or live chat away.